Almost 3% of the open source projects ever created use at least one lib from Apache Commons !
Wonder if it's a lot ? just imagine that 3% of the customers getting into a supermarket since supermarkets exist, bought at least one of the products you manufactured ... and more than 3 times over 4, this product is the Apache Commons Logging component !!!
TOP 5 most reused components from Apache Commons
- Logging: Wrapper around a variety of logging API implementations.
- Collections: Extends or augments the Java Collections Framework.
- Lang: Provides extra functionality for classes in java.lang.
- BeanUtils: Easy-to-use wrappers around the Java reflection and introspection APIs.
- Httpclient: HttpClient is a HTTP/1.1 compliant HTTP agent implementation based on HttpCore (Httpclient is now an independent project)
Detailed use case here
Want to check it for your own open source projects or for open source projects you use ? Try the beta version of Antelink's platform for the open source communities.